“I like fixing dinner when my mom is going to be late coming home from work,” says high-schooler Katie Anderson in Spokane, Washington. “This pasta dish is so different and delicious. Artichokes and ripe olives give it a flavor that’s special.”
- 1/2 cup julienned fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked fettuccine
- 3/4 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped ripe olives
- In a skillet, saute the ham, shallot and garlic in butter. Add broth; bring to a boil. Stir in fettuccine and artichokes; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese and olives. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Ham Fettuccine in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p24
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Artichoke Ham Fettuccine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review