Artichoke Grilled Steak Salad Recipe
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steaks
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, artichokes and mushrooms. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, oregano, rosemary, pepper and garlic. Pour over vegetable mixture; toss to coat.
- Thinly slice steaks across the grain. Add beef and spinach to vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Steak Salad in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p28
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Artichoke Grilled Steak Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2008
this is good with Feta and Mandarin Oranges