Crackers make great dippers for this creamy appetizer (chips and breadsticks work well, too). It's become the traditional introduction to our family's Christmas Eve dinner.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Paprika, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the artichokes, mayonnaise, Parmesan, garlic
- and pepper sauce. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle
- with paprika if desired.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until top is
- lightly browned. Serve warm with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons dip (calculated without crackers) equals 117 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.