- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Thinly sliced green onions
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside.
- Shape dough into twenty-four 1-in. balls. With floured fingers, press onto the bottoms and 1/2 in. up the sides of greased muffin cups.
- Fill cups with tablespoonfuls of artichoke mixture; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Garnish with onions. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Artichoke Dip Bites
"I have the same question as bbittner - what size muffin tins. I'm thinking mini since there's not enough filing for 24 regular muffins."
"Is this for regular or mini muffin tins?"
"These are delicious!"
"nocab...yes, but shorten the baking time to about 10-12 minutes, check and if they need more try again at 15 minutes. Remember the time in the recipe is to cook the bread dough as well. You really only need to heat up the filling."
"Recipe are great"
"The recipe sounds great, but can one use square pieces of bread instead of the dough?"