Artichoke Crostini Recipe
"This appetizer is wonderful when vine-ripened tomatoes and fresh basil are at their best," Janne Rowe writes from Wichita, Kansas. "It's easily doubled for large get-togethers."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1 sourdough baguette (1 pound)
- 2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut the baguette into 32 slices. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; spritz bread with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 7-10 minutes or until crisp. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, artichokes, basil, oil, seasoned salt and pepper. Spoon onto bread slices. Yield: 32 appetizers.
2 pieces equals 106 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC