"This appetizer is wonderful when vine-ripened tomatoes and fresh basil are at their best," Janne Rowe writes from Wichita, Kansas. "It's easily doubled for large get-togethers."
- 1 sourdough baguette (1 pound)
- 2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut the baguette into 32 slices. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; spritz bread with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 7-10 minutes or until crisp. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, artichokes, basil, oil, seasoned salt and pepper. Spoon onto bread slices. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Originally published as Artichoke Crostini in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p12
Reviews for Artichoke Crostini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review