- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup thinly chopped green onions
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Unroll crescent dough and press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; seal seams and perforations. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and egg until smooth. Stir in dill and seasoned salt. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with artichokes, green onions and pimientos.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cut into squares. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Artichoke Crescent Appetizers
"Adults as well as kids will love this "white pizza"!! Added 1/2 cup shredded mozerella to the top. Great recipe that even kids who say they don't like artichoke ate it straight out of the oven. Ingredients are very flexible for adding or substituting seasoning. As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home I enjoy making dishes that appeal to large groups and are fun to serve."
"The cream cheese part of this is really good but I think it was a little boring on the crescent rolls. I think it would be better as a cold dip (minus the egg) or with the egg, then baked with the Parmesan on top served with crackers or baguette.."
"I made this recipe this summer and it was a huge hit. I was able to freeze some that I didn't need the first time I made them, and when I thawed them out & prepared them, they were just as good as the first batch. Everyone loved them"
"These were good. I made them with roasted red peppers instead of the pimentos. They were easy to make. I will make them again."
"These were really yummy! I made them with the ingredients the recipe called for and they were delicious. I will also try them with roasted red peppers instead of the pimentos next time just for a change. I know this will be an appetizer I will make many times!"