Crabmeat is a deliciously different addition to a standard appetizer spread. Dijon mustard and hot pepper sauce provide a bit of zip.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 drop hot pepper sauce
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Toasted French bread slices
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, mustard, vinegars, garlic, basil, onion powder, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper; shake well.
- In a large bowl, combine the artichokes, crab and onions. Add dressing; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with French bread. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Artichoke Crab Appetizer in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p32
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Artichoke Crab Appetizer
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review