- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 jars (6 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth or 1 cup broth and 1 cup dry white wine
- Hot cooked noodles
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter. Remove chicken to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange artichokes and mushrooms on top of chicken; set aside.
- Saute onion in pan juices until crisp-tender. Combine the flour, rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir into pan until blended. Add chicken broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat and spoon over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Arrange noodles on a serving platter; top with chicken and sauce. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Artichoke Chicken
Sort By :
"Delicious! Even for leftovers!"
"It was impossible that this dish was rated a 4.5 stars. The taste was awful and required a boost. My children and husband didn't care for it and neither did myself. It needed flabor and color. Sorry."
"The nutritional information does NOT include the noodles.Hope this helps."
"Does the nutritional information include the hot noodles? The calorie and carb count seem rather low. The nutritional info should specify that this is without the noodles. I am diabetic and I am skeptical of the nutritional info. Not withstanding the recipe has wonderful flavors and I served the noodles on the side for everybody else. I did not feel deprived-- the chicken was still excellent."
"My husband and little brother loved this recipe, so did I. It smells just like it tastes! I wouldn't change a thing."