Artichoke Chicken Recipe
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 jars (6 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth or 1 cup broth and 1 cup dry white wine
- Hot cooked noodles
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter. Remove chicken to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange artichokes and mushrooms on top of chicken; set aside.
- 2. Saute onion in pan juices until crisp-tender. Combine the flour, rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir into pan until blended. Add chicken broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat and spoon over chicken.
Cover and bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Arrange noodles on a serving platter; top with chicken and sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 170°. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 232 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 752 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Artichoke Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.