Rita Brooks of Norman, Oklahoma loved this recipe so much, she spent weeks tracking it down after trying it at a meeting. “I’ve been making it for years and have shared it with friends and family. Hope you enjoy it, too!”
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 6 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the chicken, onion and bay leaf in butter for 3-4 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Discard bay leaf. Stir in sherry or broth. Add the artichokes, mushrooms, garlic salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in the mayonnaise, sour cream and Parmesan cheese; heat through (do not boil). Drain linguine; serve with chicken mixture. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Chicken with Linguine in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p59
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Artichoke Chicken with Linguine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review