Artichoke Chicken with Linguine Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 6 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the chicken, onion and bay leaf in butter for 3-4 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Discard bay leaf. Stir in sherry or broth. Add the artichokes, mushrooms, garlic salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in the mayonnaise, sour cream and Parmesan cheese; heat through (do not boil). Drain linguine; serve with chicken mixture. Yield: 3 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Artichoke Chicken with Linguine
Sort By :
I substituted white wine for the sherry and used fresh garlic (1 toe chopped fine) and 1/4 tsp salt. Everyone loved it. No leftovers! This is a keeper. Thanks.
This is a delicious recipe. I would chop the artichokes and mushrooms before starting the chicken and linguine.
Excellent! I used light sour cream, mayo and whole grain linguine. I substituted canola oil for the butter, and it turned out great. I had a little more than 10 oz chicken, so I upped all the other ingredients a bit. Easy, stove-top recipe for a weeknight.