Artichoke Chicken Saute Recipe
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in butter for 2-3 minutes. Add the chicken, artichokes, mushrooms, wine or broth, Italian seasoning, bouillon, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup cream until smooth; stir into skillet. Add remaining cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice or noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 481 calories, 33 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 159 mg cholesterol, 897 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Artichoke Chicken Saute
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.