- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in butter for 2-3 minutes. Add the chicken, artichokes, mushrooms, wine or broth, Italian seasoning, bouillon, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup cream until smooth; stir into skillet. Add remaining cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice or noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Artichoke Chicken Saute
"Delicious and easy to throw together if you have the chicken ready to go."
"This recipe is very fast, using cooked chicken, and incorporates items I typically keep on hand. I use half and half instead of whipping cream and also add 1/4- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese."