"This is a fast but elegant entree that is perfect for company," writes Nancy Dreher of Birmingham, Alabama. "I've also made it with shrimp in place of chicken and asparagus or broccoli instead of artichokes," she adds.
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in butter for 2-3 minutes. Add the chicken, artichokes, mushrooms, wine or broth, Italian seasoning, bouillon, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup cream until smooth; stir into skillet. Add remaining cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice or noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Chicken Saute in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p10
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Artichoke Chicken Saute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review