Artichoke Chicken Pockets Recipe
You’ll have a hard time believing these hefty, pizza-crust pockets are light! Packed full of cheese, artichokes, chicken, spinach and fabulous flavor, they’re great even without the sauce and sure to become a family favorite. Awesome! Beverly O'Ferrall - Linkwood, Maryland
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh spinach
- 1-1/4 cups shredded provolone cheese
- 3/4 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- Marinara sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Unroll pizza dough; cut into six 4-1/2-in. squares. Spoon 1 cup chicken mixture onto the center of each square; brush edges of dough with water. Fold one corner of each square over filling to the opposite corner, forming a triangle. Using a fork, crimp edges to seal.
- Sprinkle cornmeal over a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Place pockets in pan; prick tops with a fork. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Chicken Pockets in Healthy Cooking October/November 2009, p55
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Artichoke Chicken Pockets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review