Artichoke Chicken Pizza Recipe
Give this pizza a try, and you'll see how easily convenience foods can transform your kitchen into an aromatic pizzeria. Marinated artichoke hearts help gives that rich entree a flavorful twist, breaking up ordinary weeknight fare. And if time's tight, save a few minutes by using a package of cooked and cubed chicken.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, well drained
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup prepared Alfredo sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. rectangle. Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Prick pastry thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 400° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in oil until chicken juices run clear. Stir in the tomatoes, artichokes, olives and oregano. Remove from the heat.
- Spread Alfredo sauce over crust. With a slotted spoon, spoon chicken mixture over sauce; sprinkle with the cheese. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Chicken Pizza in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p10
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Artichoke Chicken Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 15, 2013
"We also added pimento stuffed green olives. Great recipe!"