Artichoke Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook and stir broccoli in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms, tomatoes and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the artichokes, salt and oregano; heat through.
- 3. Combine the flour with broth and wine or additional broth until smooth; stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add parsley and reserved chicken.
- 4. Drain fettuccine; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
2 cups equals 378 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 668 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.