- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix flour, wine and broth until smooth. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 2-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, tomatoes and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Stir in artichoke hearts, salt, oregano and flour mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add fettuccine, chicken and parsley; heat through, tossing to combine. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Artichoke Chicken Pasta
"I prepared the recipe with no variations. I used a good Chardonnay wine. The dish tasted fine, but was very bland."
"I always try to read the reviews before trying a new recipe, and I am glad I did... I totally omitted the tomatoes. This was easy to cut down to serve just two. The artichokes I used were the marinated variety, and I think that added more flavor. I can see this recipe being good with shrimp as well as the chicken it calls for. As a field editor, I am happy to give this recipe four stars."
"Didn't like the tomatoes in the dish as the skins peeled off. Next time will try can of diced tomatoes with roasted garlic or Italian herbs or roasted red bell peppers. I liked the review using cream of chicken soup with herbs. Will be trying that."
"It's an excellent dish. I add more veggies than called for just because it's easy to do. I don't understand why it calls for the tomatoes to be added so early - they just turn to mush. Otherwise, super tasty and satisfying."
"I used spinach fertilize and increased the vegetables. It was delicious and healthy. Thank you for the recipe."