- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook and stir broccoli in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms, tomatoes and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the artichokes, salt and oregano; heat through.
- Combine the flour with broth and wine or additional broth until smooth; stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add parsley and reserved chicken.
- Drain fettuccine; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Artichoke Chicken Pasta
Sort By :
"This is a wonderful tasty recipe.. I didn't have enough chicken broth so added two cans of cream of chicken with herbs soup. Awesome. Thanks so much!!!!!!! Definitely will make again and again!"
"I disagree with ninamary, the essence of cooking is experimentation. I used thin spaghetti and doubled the amount of broccoli, mushrooms, and tomatoes. The result was a hearty yet light main course that I would be happy to make again."
"I added extra of every vegetable EXCEPT artichokes (since I don't like them) I changed the name to " Vegetable Chicken Pasta" : )) Used chicken broth & drank the wine : )) LOVE IT!!!"
"I didn't use broccoli but substituted asparagus. Also, since I live alone, I opted to use chicken tenders (two) instead of the breast. Less expensive and no waste. I will definitely make this again."
"This recipe was great and easy to make! I substituted asparagus, red peppers, and canned mushrooms, since I didn't have broccoli, artichoke hearts, or fresh mushrooms."