Artichoke Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter, divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1-3/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips and halved
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt 1/3 cup butter. Stir in the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, nutmeg and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. In large a skillet, cook chicken in remaining butter until no longer pink. Stir in the artichokes, thyme and remaining salt; heat through.
- 3. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer about 1/3 cup white sauce, three noodles, 1/2 cup sauce, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese and about 3 cups chicken mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 322 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 569 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Artichoke Chicken Lasagna
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.