Artichoke Chicken Fettuccine Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, bacon, onion and red pepper until chicken is no longer pink; drain and keep warm.
- 2. In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add the broth, milk and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Stir in cheese and artichokes. Remove from the heat; stir in mayonnaise and chicken mixture. Drain fettuccine; serve with chicken mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1-3/4 cup equals 549 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 871 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.