- 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-2/3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the artichokes, oil and garlic. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with chicken. Combine the soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry; pour over the chicken. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Combine the bread crumbs, cheese and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Artichoke Chicken Casserole
"I would definitely use less mayo & maybe 1 can of the soup but it was a very tasty dish. I would also use less bread crumbs. I used a seasoned bread crumbs that had Romano cheese in it & it seemed real salty. We enjoyed it."
"the artichokes seemed soggy. I was not a fan of the texture"
"Adding to the other reviews, here's what I did. Used one can of soup, 1/2 cup mayo, a heaping 1/2 tsp of curry and also sauteed some mushrooms in butter and added them in. Panko breadcrumbs were great. It is thick this way but goes well served over brown rice."
"This actually is really quite good- but like everyone else I had to tweak it some- first of all one can of soup is all you need- I used cream of celery- otherwise I think with two cans you would need a straw to eat it- olive oil needs a miss- cook your chicken and mix all of the ingredients and add to pyrex dish then add sharp cheese and bread crumbs- I also added a half of lemon to give it more punch -we also like curry so added a little more-"