This recipe has evolved through generations to satisfy my family's fondness for artichokes. I enjoy preparing this for casual suppers as well as special-occasion dinners.—Roberta Green, Hemet, California
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-2/3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the artichokes, oil and garlic. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with chicken. Combine the soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry; pour over the chicken. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Combine the bread crumbs, cheese and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Chicken in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p34
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Artichoke Chicken Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review