Artichoke Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square); securely wrap foil around pan. Drizzle melted butter over bottom of pan; sprinkle bread crumbs over butter.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Beat in the feta cheese, onions, garlic, tarragon, basil and salt. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in artichokes and red pepper. Pour into springform pan. Place pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Serve with crackers. Yield: 24 servings.
1 slice (calculated without crackers) equals 118 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer