Artichoke Cheese Oven Omelet
Every Saturday for 10 years, my husband has gotten together with his " breakfast club"-good friends who take turns cooking for the group in their homes. The "boys" all love his cheesy artichoke omelet, and Jack appreciates the easy cleanup.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Chopped fresh tomatoes, sliced ripe olives and minced chives, optional
- Spread salsa in a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Top with the
- artichoke hearts and cheese. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and sour
- cream. Pour over the cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes
- before cutting. Garnish with tomatoes, olives and chives if desired.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 256 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 209 mg cholesterol, 499 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.