Every Saturday for 10 years, my husband has gotten together with his " breakfast club"-good friends who take turns cooking for the group in their homes. The "boys" all love his cheesy artichoke omelet, and Jack appreciates the easy cleanup.
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Chopped fresh tomatoes, sliced ripe olives and minced chives, optional
- Spread salsa in a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Top with the artichoke hearts and cheese. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and sour cream. Pour over the cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Garnish with tomatoes, olives and chives if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Cheese Oven Omelet in Country Woman March/April 2003, p29
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Artichoke Cheese Oven Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2014
"Think I'll put the tomatoes in while it bakes next time."
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2011
"I added a small can sliced mushrooms buttons (drained of course) Its a keeper!"
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2007
"This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"