Every Saturday for 10 years, my husband has gotten together with his " breakfast club"-good friends who take turns cooking for the group in their homes. The "boys" all love his cheesy artichoke omelet, and Jack appreciates the easy cleanup.
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Chopped fresh tomatoes, sliced ripe olives and minced chives, optional
- Spread salsa in a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Top with the artichoke hearts and cheese. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and sour cream. Pour over the cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Garnish with tomatoes, olives and chives if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Cheese Oven Omelet in Country Woman March/April 2003, p29
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Artichoke Cheese Oven Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2014
"Think I'll put the tomatoes in while it bakes next time."
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2011
"I added a small can sliced mushrooms buttons (drained of course) Its a keeper!"
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2007
"This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"