Artichoke-Cheese French Bread Recipe
You'll love this amazing French bread appetizer. The creamy artichoke mixture is heaped on top of lightly toasted bread and then sprinkled with cheddar.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake 25 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 3 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. Cut bread in half lengthwise; carefully hollow out top and bottom of loaf, leaving 1/2-in. shells. Cube removed bread; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the artichokes, pepper Jack cheese, sour cream, green chilies, garlic and 1 cup cheddar cheese. Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Spoon filling into bread shells; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- 3. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Cover with foil. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Remove foil; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 337 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 617 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC