You'll love this amazing French bread appetizer. The creamy artichoke mixture is heaped on top of lightly toasted bread and then sprinkled with cheddar.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 3 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cut bread in half lengthwise; carefully hollow out top and bottom of loaf, leaving 1/2-in. shells. Cube removed bread; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the artichokes, pepper Jack cheese, sour cream, green chilies, garlic and 1 cup cheddar cheese. Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Spoon filling into bread shells; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Cover with foil. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Remove foil; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke-Cheese French Bread in Country Extra January 2010, p49
Reviews for Artichoke-Cheese French Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review