- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 3 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cut bread in half lengthwise; carefully hollow out top and bottom of loaf, leaving 1/2-in. shells. Cube removed bread; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the artichokes, pepper Jack cheese, sour cream, green chilies, garlic and 1 cup cheddar cheese. Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Spoon filling into bread shells; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Cover with foil. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Remove foil; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Artichoke-Cheese French Bread
Sort By :
I made this bread for Christmas Eve last year. Everyone loved it. I now have to make it for all holidays and gatherings. I do toast the bread shells under the broiler first before putting in the filling to help keep it from getting too soggy, but otherwise follow the recipe exactly. It is delicious!
None of my family liked this bread. As a matter of fact we actually threw it out after trying to eat it. We love artichoke, cheese and bread but this together was just not good. Sorry but I am taking this out of my recipe box.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >