Artichoke Caprese Platter Recipe
This classic Italian combination of mozzarella, tomatoes and basil is dressed up with marinated artichokes. It looks so lovely on a platter. Using fresh mozzarella is the key to great taste.
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1. Drain artichokes, reserving 1/2 cup marinade; cut artichokes in half. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil and reserved marinade.
- 2. On a large serving platter, arrange the artichokes, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and basil. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1/2 cup equals 192 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC