Artichoke Caprese Platter
This classic Italian combination of mozzarella, tomatoes and basil is dressed up with marinated artichokes. It looks so lovely on a platter. Using fresh mozzarella is the key to great taste.
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- Drain artichokes, reserving 1/2 cup marinade; cut artichokes in half.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil and reserved marinade.
- On a large serving platter, arrange the artichokes, tomatoes,
- mozzarella cheese and basil. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 10-12
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 192 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.