This classic Italian combination of mozzarella, tomatoes and basil is dressed up with marinated artichokes. It looks so lovely on a platter. Using fresh mozzarella is the key to great taste.
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- Drain artichokes, reserving 1/2 cup marinade; cut artichokes in half. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil and reserved marinade.
- On a large serving platter, arrange the artichokes, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and basil. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Caprese Platter in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p39
Reviews for Artichoke Caprese Platter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2014
"Delicious! I took this to a party and everyone loved the addition of artichokes."
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2013
"I made for a baby shower luncheon and received requests to make again"