Artichoke Bruschetta Recipe
"This recipe is reminiscent of the hot artichoke dips served in restaurants," writes Amy Moylan, a field editor in Omaha, Nebraska. "It comes together quickly and can easily be doubled or tripled. "
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:30 servings
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup fresh baby spinach, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 loaf (10-1/2 ounces) French bread baguette
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut baguette into 30 slices; top with artichoke mixture.
- 2. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 piece equals 78 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC