“A creamy rich artichoke spread tops these warm crusty bites that folks just love," says Sherry Campbell of St. Amant, Louisiana. "You won't find a much quicker and more delicious appetizer or last-minute side!”
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + cooling Bake: 15 min.
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Bake loaf according to package directions; cool. Cut bread in half
- lengthwise; place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the artichokes, bread crumbs, Parmesan
- cheese, mayonnaise and garlic; spread evenly over cut sides of
- bread. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve
- warm. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 151 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 456 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon