Store-bought Alfredo sauce speeds along this flavorful, meatless entree. I use dry pasta, but you can use refrigerated fettuccine to make this recipe even faster. —Jolanthe Erb, Harrisonburg, Virginia
Featured In: 35 Easy Dinners to Try This Winter
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and artichoke hearts; cook and stir until mushrooms are tender. Stir in Alfredo sauce; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain fettuccine, reserving 1/3 cup pasta water. Add fettuccine to artichoke mixture; toss to combine, adding reserved pasta water if desired. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Blue Cheese Fettuccine in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p14
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Artichoke Blue Cheese Fettuccine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review