- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 1/2 pound small fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup red wine or beef broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil in batches.
- Transfer to a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker with a slotted spoon. Gradually add consomme to the pan, stirring to loosen browned bits. Stir in the onions, mushrooms, wine, garlic and dill. Pour over beef.
- Cover and cook for low for 7-8 hours or until tender. Stir in the artichokes; cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Artichoke Beef Stew
Sort By :
I will absolutely make it again. Different and delicious, and won rave reviews from my family. Thank you for sharing this fine recipe.
I found this recipe on Taste of Home years ago. I have been makeing it ever since. My family and I loved it. Thanks for sharing it.
Good flavor, loved the artichokes.
Never thought about artichokes in a stew. It was wonderful. Easy and fast to put together the night before. Then refrig. and take it out in the morning for a switch on and go.
Love it! Easy and great flavors!