- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 1/2 pound small fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup red wine or beef broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil in batches.
- Transfer to a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker with a slotted spoon. Gradually add consomme to the pan, stirring to loosen browned bits. Stir in the onions, mushrooms, wine, garlic and dill. Pour over beef.
- Cover and cook for low for 7-8 hours or until tender. Stir in the artichokes; cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Artichoke Beef Stew
Sort By :
"I will absolutely make it again. Different and delicious, and won rave reviews from my family. Thank you for sharing this fine recipe."
"I found this recipe on Taste of Home years ago. I have been makeing it ever since. My family and I loved it. Thanks for sharing it."
"Good flavor, loved the artichokes."
"Never thought about artichokes in a stew. It was wonderful. Easy and fast to put together the night before. Then refrig. and take it out in the morning for a switch on and go."
"Love it! Easy and great flavors!"