Artichoke Bean Rice Salad Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cold cooked rice
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large bowl, combine oil and lemon juice. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and chill until serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 228 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Artichoke Bean Rice Salad
"This is a delicious salad! Lots of flavorscombine to make this interesting and adish that I'll serve over and over."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.