Artichoke Bean Rice Salad Recipe
In her Soldier, Iowa kitchen, Bernice Knutson throws together this unique salad that takes advantage of an extra cup of cooked rice. Friends and family are sure to enjoy the cool refreshing combination of artichoke hearts, avocado, beans and colorful peppers.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cold cooked rice
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine oil and lemon juice. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and chill until serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Rice Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p38
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Artichoke Bean Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2010
This is a delicious salad! Lots of flavors
combine to make this interesting and a
dish that I'll serve over and over.