Artichoke and Sun-Dried Tomato Bruschetta Recipe
- 36 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- 1. Brush baguette slices with oil. Place bread on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Place the artichokes, tomatoes, garlic, oregano, basil, and ½ cup cheese in a food processor; cover and process until coarsely chopped.
- 3. Spread 1 heaping tablespoon on each bread slice; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 400° for 5-10 minutes or until top is bubbly. Yield: 3 dozen.
To Make Ahead: Prep baguette slices earlier in the day; store on baking sheets in the refrigerator. Prepare artichoke mixture; cover and refrigerate until ready to assemble. Proceed as directed.
1 slice: 61 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.