- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup onion and garlic salad croutons, coarsely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine chicken, artichokes, soup, cheese, mayonnaise, milk, garlic, onion powder and pepper. Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with croutons. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Artichoke and Chicken Casserole
Sort By :
One of my family's favorite recipes. Works great as a freezer meal too.
I made a few alterations; added a can of mushroom stems and pieces, cooked boneless chicken breast with a Creole seasoning rub, and used shredded Asiago instead of Parmesan. The result was a very good casserole.
This was very good and everyone loved it. I added a can of mushroom slices and chopped up a few water chestnuts for some crunch and added it to the recipe. When I make this again I'm going to add a small amount of lemon juice to it. I didn't use chicken breasts for the recipe, I roasted two chicken leg quarters and then used the meat from them. My husband hates artichokes (but will occasionally eat the hearts) and he loved this.
I was disappointed by this recipe. It sounded so good, but was lacking in flavor and richness.
This is a KEEPER!