- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup onion and garlic salad croutons, coarsely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine chicken, artichokes, soup, cheese, mayonnaise, milk, garlic, onion powder and pepper. Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with croutons. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Artichoke and Chicken Casserole
"FABULOUS! I added more artichokes but followed everything else in the recipe. A new mainstay in my home. 10 STARS"
"Sounded good but was pretty bland."
"I don't normally give recipes a full 5 stars but this one deserves it! This casserole defines comfort food. I was impressed with the ease of preparing the casserole. I didn't have bow tie pasta so I used another and I think I would have been even happier with bow tie as recommended for the recipe. It was very creamy but not too rich. I did use a little less parm cheese due to my own preference."
"My family loves this recipe! Instead of croutons, I use French fried onion - delish!"
"Lighten up a bit with low fat soup, 1/2 c low fat mayo and 1/2 c of light sour cream."
"One of my family's favorite recipes. Works great as a freezer meal too."
"This was very good and everyone loved it. I added a can of mushroom slices and chopped up a few water chestnuts for some crunch and added it to the recipe. When I make this again I'm going to add a small amount of lemon juice to it. I didn't use chicken breasts for the recipe, I roasted two chicken leg quarters and then used the meat from them. My husband hates artichokes (but will occasionally eat the hearts) and he loved this."
"I was disappointed by this recipe. It sounded so good, but was lacking in flavor and richness."