Artichoke 'n' Fennel Lasagna Recipe
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb (about 1 large)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar (12 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1-1/4 cups prepared pesto
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 1. In a large skillet, saute fennel in oil for 10-13 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Remove from the heat; stir in the artichokes, pesto and Alfredo sauce. Set aside. Combine the cheeses; set aside.
- 2. Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles and the fennel mixture. Layer with three noodles, cheese mixture and remaining noodles. Combine red peppers and remaining spaghetti sauce; spread over the top. Sprinkle with salad dressing mix.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 9-12 servings.
1 piece equals 512 calories, 33 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 1,294 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.