- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the tomato sauce, chili powder and cumin. Simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until slightly thickened. Spread 3/4 cup sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Set aside remaining sauce.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in mushrooms; cook 3 minutes longer. Add artichokes and spinach; cook for 4-5 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in the ricotta cheese, sour cream and 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese.
- Place 2/3 cup mushroom mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dish. Pour reserved sauce over the top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Artichoke & Spinach Enchiladas
Sort By :
"Was exited to make this, but it was very bland. Will not make again."
"Delicious! The sauce was great - I used chicken broth instead of vegetable broth as we are not vegetarians. Thanks to my previous reviewer - glad I added salt as the spinach needed it."
"OMG!!! this is excellent! Needs salt though..."
"Delicious! We will be making these again."
"We always have one night where we make vegetables the main course because meat cost so much. This recipe is a nice switch up from our usual! Flavor and texture does not lack here!"