- a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until
- Place 2-3 in. of water in a large skillet with high sides. Bring to a
- boil; reduce heat and simmer gently. Break cold eggs, one at a time,
- into a custard cup or saucer. Holding the cup close to the surface
- of the water, slip each egg into water. Cook, uncovered, until
- whites are completely set and yolks are still soft, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute green onion in butter until
- tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add cream. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the
- spinach, lemon juice, salt and pepper; heat through. Remove from the
- heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- With a slotted spoon, lift each egg out of the water. On each
- artichoke bottom, place 1/3 cup spinach mixture, a poached egg and
- 1/3 cup sauce. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve immediately. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 470 calories, 32 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 296 mg cholesterol, 711 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 19 g protein.