Our winters can get cold here, so I like to warm up holiday guests with oven-fresh appetizers. Crunchy bread slices are topped with mushrooms, artichokes and a blend of cheeses. —Nancy Mueller, Bloomington, Minnesota
Recommended: 45 Recipes for Mushroom Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 36 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Place bread on baking sheets; brush with 2 tablespoons oil. Broil 4-6 in. from heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms with Italian seasoning in butter and remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place artichokes in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Add mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese; cover and process until blended. Spread over toast slices; top with mushrooms and sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Artichoke & Mushroom Toasts in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p6
Reviews forArtichoke & Mushroom Toasts
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2013
"Artichokes are my favorite but combined with the mushrooms, another favorite this is so good and so easy to make - love it."