Artichoke & Mushroom Toasts Recipe
- 36 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. Place bread on baking sheets; brush with 2 tablespoons oil. Broil 4-6 in. from heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms with Italian seasoning in butter and remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 3. Place artichokes in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Add mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese; cover and process until blended. Spread over toast slices; top with mushrooms and sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 piece: 118 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (trace sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Artichoke & Mushroom Toasts
"Artichokes are my favorite but combined with the mushrooms, another favorite this is so good and so easy to make - love it."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.