Artichoke & Green Bean Penne Recipe
This pretty side dish goes well with just about any main course…and it even makes a fantastic meatless entree! Featuring colorful produce, toasted almonds and a creamy sauce, it’s sure to satisfy.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and quartered
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions, adding the green beans during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms and red pepper in butter until tender. Reduce heat; stir in the artichokes, Mascarpone cheese, cream, salt and pepper. Heat through (do not boil).
- 3. Drain beans and pasta; stir into artichoke mixture. Add almonds and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup equals 305 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC