When I had surgery, my oldest son, a chef, came to cook my meals. He made a simple cream of cauliflower soup with ingredients I had. I was so touched that he came to care for me. This soup reminds me of that special time. — Mildred Caruso, Brighton, Tennessee
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded Asiago cheese or Parmesan cheese
- 6 pieces bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, combine cauliflower and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Cool slightly. In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to the pan. Stir in the cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper; heat through. Serve with artichoke hearts, cheese and bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke & Bacon Cauliflower Soup in Taste of Home October/November 2012, p65
Reviews for Artichoke & Bacon Cauliflower Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review