Artichoke & Bacon Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded Asiago cheese or Parmesan cheese
- 6 pieces bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, combine cauliflower and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Cool slightly. In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to the pan. Stir in the cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper; heat through. Serve with artichoke hearts, cheese and bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Artichoke & Bacon Cauliflower Soup
Sort By :
Although I love cream of cauliflower soup, artichoke hearts, AND bacon, I didn't think these elements really complimented one another in this soup. The soup itself was okay, but no better than what I make without a recipe, and the artichoke hearts and bacon really added nothing. I saw this recipe and couldn't wait to make it, but after a couple of bowls, am throwing out the rest. Disappointing.
So easy to make and my 4 and 2 year olds ate 2 big bowls..even my picky husband loved it!