Arroz con Pollo - Chicken & Rice Recipe
Arroz con Pollo is a popular staple in the Caribbean kitchen. Our chicken and rice is extra special with the addition of Sazón GOYA® with Azafrán, which adds color and flavor derived from our unique saffron spice blend.
- 1 chicken (3-1/2 - 4lbs), cut into pieces
- GOYA® Adobo with Pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 green pepper, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons GOYA® Minced Garlic or 3 cloved fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups CANILLA® Extra Long Grain Rice
- 1 packet GOYA® Powdered Chicken Bouillon
- 1 packet Sazón GOYA® with Azafrán
- 1/4 cup GOYA® Pitted Alcaparrado, sliced
- 1 jar (4 oz.) GOYA® Fancy Sliced Pimentos
- 1/2 cup GOYA® Frozen Peas, thawed
- Using paper towels, pat chicken dry. Season chicken with adobo. Heat oil in caldero, or large heavy pot over medium heat. Cook chicken, in batches, until brown on all sides, 7-10 minutes; set aside.
- Stir onions, peppers and garlic into pot; cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add rice, bouillon and sazón to pot; cook, stirring constantly, until rice is completely coated in oil mixture, about 1 minute.
- Stir in 3 cups water; bring to a boil. Add alcaparrado and chicken (skin-side up) to pot. Cover pot, reduce heat to low and simmer until water is absorbed, rice is tender and chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- To serve, using fork, fluff rice; garnish with pimiento strips and peas. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Arroz con Pollo - Chicken & Rice Provided by GOYA®
Reviews for Arroz con Pollo - Chicken & Rice(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review